1. Purpose of training should be to improve both the body and the mind.
2. Have a serious approach and try your hardest.
3. Pace yourself, do not attempt too much at once.
4. Frequently inspect your achievements.
5. Always listen and follow the directions of instructors and Seniors.
6. Follow a routine training sehedule by regularly practicing basics and advanced techniques.
7. When you learn a new technique, learn the theory and philosophy as well.
8. When you begin to feel idle, try to overcome this by returning to basic techniques.
9 Cleanliness is required after training: Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.
Ultimate Goals of Tang Soo Do
1. Know the ways of nature and the natural world.
2. Become one with it, by applying the laws of nature.
3. Live one day at a time: and believe in yourself.
Five Codes of Tang Soo Do
The five codes of Tang Soo Do apply to all members and are meant to guide the Tang Soo Do practitioner.
All members are required to memorize them and fully understand the meaning of the codes.
Loyalty to country.
Obedience to parents.
Honor and friendship.
No retreat in battle.
In fighting, choose with sense and honor.
Seven Tenants of Tang Soo Do
Respect & Obedience.
Three Principles of Tang Soo Do
The Five Martial Virtues of Tang Soo Do
The 8 Key Concepts of Tang Soo Do
Young Gi - Courage.
In Neh - Endurance.
Chun Shin Tong Ill - Concentration.
Chung Jik - Honesty.
Kyum Som - Humility.
Him Cho Chung - Control Of Power.
Shin Chook - Tension and Relaxation.
Wan Gup - Speed Control.
Ten Articles of Faith
1. Loyalty to one's country.
2. Loyalty to one's parents.
3. Trust and brotherhood among friends.
4. Courage never to retreat in the face of the enemy.
5. Justice never to take a life without cause.
6. Be loving between husband and wife.
7. Be respectful to your elders.
8. Be faithful between teacher and student.
9. Be cooperative between brothers.
10. Always finish what you start.
14 Attitudes Required to Master Tang Soo Do
The purpose of training should be enhancement of mental and physical betterment.
All out effort.
Maintain regular and constant practice.
Practice basic techniques all the time.
Regularly spaced practice sessions.
Always listen and follow the direction of instructors and seniors.
Do not be overly ambitious.
Frequently inspect your own advancements.
Always follow a routine training schedule.
Repeatedly practice all techniques already learned.
When you learn new techniques, learn thoroughly the theory and philosophy as well.
When you begin to feel idle, try to overcome this.
Cleanliness is required after training. Keep yourself and your surroundings clean.